The LGBT staff network was launched in 2009 to provide a forum for LGBT staff to share experiences, provide support and social opportunities, and to help the organisation to understand LGBT issues.
The aim of the network is to help maintain a work environment which is open, supportive and promotes equality of opportunity for all staff. The main objectives are:
- To work with the trust to educate managers, eliminate discrimination experienced by LGBT staff and to influence policy.
- To share an understanding of the experiences of LGBT staff and patients.
- To celebrate difference and diversity through internal communications and involvement in key regional PRIDE events.
- To provide support and signposting mechanisms for staff.
- To support the public health message in LGBT communities and help identify service delivery issues for the community.
- To provide opportunities to social networking with and external to the organisation.
To find out more or to see how you can get involved email firstname.lastname@example.org.