This role operates in a busy call centre environment with a difference, as you will be dealing with emergency and life threatening calls. Many callers will be scared and anxious and you will need to use your skills to reassure and obtain critical information to enable us to dispatch help to them quickly. Using a triage system you will obtain and input accurate information from callers which will enable the service to prioritise the calls, and in serious situations you may stay on the line providing advice and support until help arrives.
The role can be demanding but incredibly rewarding and you can end your shift knowing that you have made a difference in people’s lives.
- Educated to GCSE standard (or equivalent qualifications)
- Previous experience of working within a call centre environment would be advantageous
- Excellent keyboard and computer skills – minimum speed of 30 words per minute applicants will be tested as part of the assessment process
- Possess excellent listening skills
- Computer literate (including Microsoft packages)
- Excellent communication and caring skills, with a willingness to work within the values of NWAS
Across North West – Check out our latest vacancies
Band 3. Agenda for Change for Pay and Terms & Conditions, including Section 2 payments for unsociable hours