To become accredited as part of our scheme, you must demonstrate that you can meet certain criteria which show your commitment to saving lives.
There are three levels of CardiacSmart accreditation status:
This status is awarded to locations, organisations, businesses, schools and so on that meet all of the criteria. Apply now.
In addition to the above, this status is awarded to those that make their defibrillator accessible to the community 24/7 ie by storing it on the outside of the building in an appropriate cabinet. Apply now.
This is awarded to groups and communities that champion the ethos of CardiacSmart to make communities safer and healthier by continuously promoting basic life support skills, holding awareness sessions to give people the confidence to help a person in cardiac arrest, arranging for the placement of defibrillators and enrolling as community first responders or GoodSAM responders. Apply now.
Being CardiacSmart is something to be extremely proud of! Once accredited, you will:
- receive a certificate and a memorandum of understanding
- get access to publicity materials to help you promote your accreditation
- be part of our growing network of potential lifesavers that are making a difference to the communities in which we all live and work
- know how to contact us if you need help with anything
- be told how to carry out your checks and given training resources
The best part of being CardiacSmart is being able and prepared to save lives.
How to apply
Complete one of the following application forms:
- CardiacSmart Accredited or Accredited+ application form
- CardiacSmart Accredited partner application form
What happens next?
- Accreditation applications will be considered quarterly.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application.
- If you are successful you will receive a CardiacSmart accreditation pack.
- You will be required to reapply for your accreditation every two years if you wish to remain in the scheme.