The press office is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Please note we are now working primarily from home so please email any press enquiries as above as we won’t be able to take calls.
Please remember that our patients are our number one priority and we have to respect their right to privacy. Therefore please understand that there may be some information that we are unable to provide or confirm.
What can we help with?
- Brief details of incidents in public places – we will need the location of the incident to be able to provide any information
- Statement or interview requests (we have around 6,000 staff in more than 100 locations so it may take us some time to track down the information or speak to the right person)
- Filming requests – these should always be made in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If declared, details of major incidents will be provided on our social media sites.
- For specific statistics or figures please note that these can take numerous days to gather and send to you.
Information we can’t provide:
- Details of incidents in private addresses
- Any patient details which are considered to be sensitive or confidential
- the death of a patient
- Details may be restricted if the incident is a crime
- Condition checks on patients that are no longer in our care
Out of hours
We do have a press on-call team, however please note that we cannot provide sweep incident checks or answer non-urgent enquiries out of hours so please do not contact the team with a routine enquiry during this time.
The out of hours team can help with:
- Major incidents or significant incidents
- Serious threat to the health of the community
- Disruption to the service
- Examples: terrorism, severe weather, chemical/nuclear incidents, large scale road traffic collisions involving multiple vehicles and casualties.
You can contact the out of hours team on 0845 155 0335. Please do not use this number outside of office hours. The press officer you speak with will not be in a work/office environment so calls may not be responded to immediately.