Each year between the months of April and September members of Team NWAS including our Patient Engagement Team, community first responders, Human Resource Team colleagues and front-line staff are present at large, high footfall events such as LGBT Pride events, Windrush events, health melas, Caribbean carnivals, Disability Awareness Day events and Fresher Fairs.
Our aim at these events is to promote the different services we provide such as our paramedic emergency service, patient transport service, NHS 111, as well as talk about the wide range of careers and various volunteer roles we have. We also take these events as an opportunity to deliver cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training and defibrillator training to the public, and where possible, we try to source an ambulance vehicle to take to events so the public can look inside one of our vehicles.
You can find us at the following events in September:
- Salford University – Friday 15 September
- Liverpool John Moores University – Friday 22 September
- Cumbria Pride – Saturday 23 September
- Bolton University – Monday 25 September
- UCLan University – Thursday 28 September
- GM Black History Month Event – Thursday 28 September
- GM Health Promotion Day – Saturday 30 September
Are you holding a large-scale event and would like to discuss having the possibility of us having a stall? Please contact [email protected] with information about your event and a member of the team will be in touch to discuss your request further.