Ahead of Christmas, a time where we can see an increased number of calls to our 999 and NHS 111 services, we’ve developed a handy guide to help our public navigate through when it’s appropriate to use these services and where to find alternative care and support.
This looks at:
- When to call 999 and examples of serious emergencies
- The questions our 999 call handlers will put to you when you call the service
- Ways in which we’ll assess your medical needs and the options we’ll provide to support you
- Information on when to use alternative services to 999, including 111 online, GP or a pharmacy
- Useful contact details for charities that run support for mental health concerns and older people