Winter service guide: Which service is right for me?
Most of us know what service to use when we’ve had an accident or need urgent medical support, but with so many healthcare options, we wanted to remind our public what we can do for them.
Ahead of Christmas, a time where we can see an increased number of calls to our 999 and NHS 111 services, we’ve developed a handy guide to help our public navigate through when it’s appropriate to use these services and where to find alternative care and support.
This looks at:
• When to call 999 and examples of serious emergencies
• The questions our 999 call handlers will put to you when you call the service
• Ways in which we’ll assess your medical needs and the options we’ll provide to support you
• Information on when to use alternative services to 999, including 111 online, GP or a pharmacy
• Useful contact details for charities that run support for mental health concerns and older people