The aim of the NWAS Charity is to fund projects, medical or training equipment and initiatives, to improve the overall wellbeing of our staff and volunteers, support community engagement and education thereby improving health outcomes of patients in the communities we serve.
We prioritise our charitable expenditure in two key areas:-
- Supporting the health and wellbeing of our staff and volunteers
- Saving lives in the communities that we serve
These priorities are in support of the charitable objectives set by our Corporate Trustee: –
- To support NWAS staff and volunteers by funding projects and initiatives enhancing workplace environments and supporting their physical and mental wellbeing, enabling them to provide high quality care for our patients.
- To fund the provision of additional medical or training equipment to enable NWAS staff and volunteers to be more effective in their roles.
- To provide defibrillators in our communities, focusing on where health inequalities inhibit survival and recovery, and fund lifesaving skills training in those communities along with other engagement initiatives, with the overall aim of improving health outcomes in our region.