The Armed Forces Network was launched in January 2022 for all staff who have an interest in the Armed Forces Community within NWAS (this includes veterans, members of the reserve and cadet forces, along with their families).
The aim of the Network is to promote a better understanding of the Armed Forces Community, thereby creating a more supportive and inclusive working environment.
The main objectives of the Network are:
- To provide an arena where issues can be openly discussed and signposts to external services or staff side representatives
- To influence policy making and monitor existing policies to ensure that equality is proactively considered
- To co-ordinate internal events and initiatives to promote the Armed Forces Network
- To support local and national Armed Forces events and initiatives
- To raise the profile of the Armed Forces Community within NWAS
- To promotes opportunities for social networking
The Network also contributes to the work undertaken to maintain the Gold Standard Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) and Veteran Aware accreditation.
Find out more about work being carried out with the Armed Forces Community within NWAS.