The Disability Network aims to provide a collective and influential voice on behalf of staff with disabilities and long-term health conditions within NWAS. Supporting the organisation in changing and improving the experience of staff and patients in relation to equality for staff with disabilities and long-term health conditions.
The Network’s aims are to:
- Provide a forum for staff to network and discuss working experience in a confidential and safe space.
- Highlight issues affecting staff with disabilities and long-term health conditions, supporting the trust to commit to and raise awareness of disability and health conditions equality within the trust.
- Celebrate and promote the contributions and achievements of staff with a disability and health conditions within the trust and beyond and celebrating key dates.
- Work with and provide feedback and challenge to the trust on the development and delivery of organisational strategy and policy which impacts on disability and health conditions as it relates to staff and patients.
- Keep staff aware of developments within the trust and wider NHS; to act as a communication channel from staff to senior managers in the trust and beyond.
- Work with the trust to ensure accessibility of opportunity, promoting positive action initiatives to network members.
- Engage with local communities to raise awareness of positive action employment initiatives, to improve understanding of patient experience, and to support the trust to represent the community we serve and to meet their needs.
- Develop and empower Disability and Health Conditions Champions across the Trust, to promote and raise awareness of the disability and health conditions agenda; as well as to provide peer support to staff about disability and health conditions equality issues.