This specifically applies to when you apply to work for NWAS or receive a conditional offer of employment.
During the course of you employment activities, the Trust will collect, store, and process personal information about current staff. This privacy notice includes employees, workers (including agency, casual, and contracted staff), volunteers, trainees, and those carrying out work experience.
We recognise the need to treat staff personal and sensitive personal data in a fair and lawful manner. No personal information held by the Trust will be processed unless the requirements for fair and lawful processing can be met.
The personal information which may be processed includes:
• Contact details (including email address, home address, and telephone number)
• Details of your CV which can include work experience, locations, dates and positions held
• Names and contact information of your referees
• Equal opportunities information such as race, ethnic origin and disabilities
Employee records may also be collected when we make a conditional offer of employment including:
• Proof of identity
• Proof of qualifications
• National Insurance number
• Driving license (including endorsements and accidents history)
• Criminal record checks
• Body measurements for uniform
• Conflicts of interest
• Personal vehicle details
• A digital passport photograph
• Signed conditional offer
• Employment history with the organisation
• Employment terms and conditions (e.g. pay, hours of work, holidays, benefit, absence)
• Any accidents connected with work
• Sickness records
• Any training taken
• Personal details relating to occupational health
• Bank account details
• NHS pension details
• Contract and supporting documentation
• Next of Kin contact details
• Information collected as part of the recruitment process
Some information is provided by the candidates during the recruitment process via NHS jobs or through a recruitment agency via your CV. During employment, information may be provided directly by the staff member or generated as a direct result of activities related to your employment.
We carry out Enhanced Disclosure for existing staff already undertaking Regulated Activity, who move by secondment, or transfer to another Regulated Activity and have never had a CRB / DBS disclosure carried out before or has a disclosure that is more than five (5) years old. A new disclosure will also be processed where a previously issued disclosure does not contain a PoCA or PoVA check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
All successful applicants will be required to complete an Occupational Health Questionnaire. This may be required again should the staff have health requirements needing to be met. Staff members may be referred if required at any point during their employment. All roles involving driving will need a medical with our occupational health providers.
When you apply via agency with submission of your CV, the agency has the responsibility for providing you with a privacy statement.
We will share information with third parties where there is a statutory basis for disclosure or a court order requiring us to comply with a legal obligation.