You have the right to see or be given a copy of personal data held about you. To gain access to your information you will need to make a Subject Access Request (SAR) to the trust.
The details you will be required to provide for a SAR include:
- Date of birth
- Date ambulance called
- Location ambulance attended
- Hospital attended
- Injuries sustained
- Reason for request
If you are requesting this information on behalf of someone else, we will need additional information, such as ID and consent from the individual. Please see below the further information that is required in this instance:
- Form of Authority/Registered Power of Attorney for Health & Welfare/written consent signed by the individual you are requesting the information on behalf of
- Photo ID of yourself
- ID for the individual you are requesting the information for
Please note if we do not receive the above information, we will be unable to complete your request.
On the date we receive all necessary information, we have 28 days in which to comply with the SAR by collating the information requested and releasing this to you, as per data protection legislation. SARs can be requested verbally or in writing.
All individual rights requests should be addressed to:
Information Governance Department
North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust
Estuary Point, 28 Estuary Boulevard, Liverpool L24 8RL
Phone: 0151 261 2589
Information may be withheld if:
- the organisation believes that releasing the information to you could cause serious harm to your physical or mental health;
- harm is identified as possibly being caused to another person;
- releasing the information presents a risk to the safe and secure operation of the organisation and its ability to deliver its legitimate business.
Please remember that our staff have rights too and we do not expect their personal data to be used without their permission or abused in any way by patients or members of the public. This includes taking photographs or filming them for malicious reasons. If you think any information in your records is inaccurate or incorrect, please let us know using the contact details above.”